- Ossein Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite Complex (MCHC), by far the best calcium source available. This crushed bone powder contains all the nutrients normally present in bone in a calcium-based crystalline complex. MCHC is the only source of calcium shown to maintain or even increase bone density. All other sources of calcium can only, at the very best, halt bone loss.
- Vitamin D is essential to bone health. The vitamin is the most important determinant for the absorption of calcium. Although skin exposure to sunlight leads to vitamin D synthesis in the skin, sedentary lifestyles, northern latitudes and powerful sunscreens have left the majority of the North American population with discouragingly elevated rates of inadequate vitamin D status.
- Vitamin K, especially menatetrenone, is another important nutrient for bone health. Research has shown that supplementation with this specific form of vitamin K increases bone density at all sites and reduces bone fracture rates.
- In food sources, Strontium usually accompanies calcium and the same is true in bones. Strontium promotes the maturation of osteoblasts, the cells responsible for new bone formation while reducing bone resorption.
- Boron reduces the urinary excretion of calcium and magnesium. Boron maintains blood calcium levels and appears to enhance the effects of vitamin D. Women fed boron-deficient diets experienced more calcium and magnesium loss whereas women on boron-supplemented diets excreted less calcium and magnesium.
- Magnesium is essential for every major biological process. Two thirds of the body's magnesium is found in our bones. In women suffering from osteoporosis, reductions of magnesium in bone levels and serum levels have been reported. Studies have also demonstrated higher bone mineral density in women with higher dietary magnesium intakes. Magnesium depletion may prevent further bone growth and bone matrix with decreased magnesium content may be more brittle.
- Several other key nutrients can play an important role for bone health. For instance, manganese, zinc, copper and silicon are important minerals with significant bone building attributes. Zinc is the most abundant intracellular trace element with several important biological functions but may be depleted by calcium supplementation. Methylating nutrients such as vitamin B12 and folic acid may also be important to bone health, perhaps because of the toxic effects of homocysteine on the protein fibers in bone.
Serving Size: 10 Capsules Amount Per Serving
Calcium (from bone meal) 1000mg
Phosphorus (from bone meal) 455mg
Magnesium (Aspartate, Ascorbate) 420mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000IU
Vitamin K2 (Menatetrenone) 120mcg
Boron (Citrate) 700mcg
Zinc (Citrate) 11mg
Manganese (manganese (II) bisglycinate) 2.3mg
Copper (copper (II) citrate) 1mg
Silicon (Sodium Metasilicate) 35mg
Vitamin B12 (Methylcobalamin) 24mcg
Vitamin C (Magnesium Ascorbate) 90mg
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.
Domestic orders within Canada over $99 are eligible for FREE shipping!