- 500 IU of preformed Vitamin A, because more is not better. Too much Vitamin A has a negative impact on bones. Animal studies have shown that Retinoic Acid (preformed Vitamin A) suppresses the proliferation and differentiation of preosteoblastic cells. Osteoblastic cells promote bone formation, which explains why studies have shown that intakes of 5000 IU and 6600 IU of preformed Vitamin A roughly double the risk of a fracture.
- Reasonable amounts of Beta-Carotene, because too much Beta-Carotene is not good either. Beta-Carotene is safer than preformed Vitamin A but too much is clearly harmful.
- Moderate amounts of Manganese. Another case of zealous supplementation causing harm occurs with Manganese. The current evidence, suggests that excess manganese can lead to neurological damage. Individuals with higher manganese intakes are approximately 70% more likely to end up with Parkinson's disease.
- Balanced Zinc-to-Copper ratios. Getting too much of either of these nutrients creates a functional deficiency in the other.
- From vitamin B1 for the metabolism of carbs to vitamin B12 for fatigue, Multi Basics•3 contains a balanced ratio of B vitamins, including 5-methyltetrahydrofolate, the biologically active form of folate.
- AOR was the first in the world to provide all 8 forms of vitamin E in a multi-vitamin formula (Ortho•Core™), multivitamin powder (Essential Mix™), and now in Multi Basics•3. All other multivitamin formulas currently available contain only Alpha Tocopherol, which has been shown in clinical trials to deplete the body of gamma tocopherol, the most important form of vitamin E for cardiovascular health.
- Vitamin K2, because Menatetrenone is the form of vitamin K the body produces and utilizes. Menatetrenone is more effective than Vitamin K1 (phytonadione) and provides superior skeletal, brain and cardiovascular benefits.
- Calcium citrate-malate, with a greater bioavailability than other vegetarian forms of calcium.
- Minerals such as boron, silicon and vanadium, with health benefits suggesting they may be as important as other minerals recognized as "essential".
- Phytochemicals, because there is a lot more than vitamins and essential minerals in a healthy diet. Phytochemicals are biologically active substances found in plants capable of reducing the risk of heart disease and degenerative diseases. Multi Basics•3 contains alphacarotene, lycopene, zeaxanthin, cryptoxanthin, lutein, mixed carotenoids, quercetin and mixed citrus bioflavonoids.
- Choline and inositol - two key cellular phospholipids found in the lipid bylayer of cell membranes. Choline is an essential nutrient that is required for normal cellular structure and function.
Vitamin A Complex
- Retinol (palmitate) 240mcg/436.8 IU
Natural-Source Mixed Carotenoids:
- Beta-carotene 6mg
- Cryptoxanthin 26.7mcg
- Lutein esters 6.8mg
- Zeaxanthin 324mcg
Vitamin B Complex
- B1 (Thiamin) 9mg
- B2 (Riboflavin) 2.5mg
- B3 (Niacin -as 126 mg Inositol Hexanicotinate) 115mg
- B5 (d-Ca Pantothenate) 100mg
- B6 (Pyridoxine) 25mg
- B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 647mcg
- Folic Acid (5-methyltetrahydrofolate) 800mcg
- Biotin 300mcg
- Choline (Bitartrate) 100mg
- Inositol (from Inositol, Inositol Hexanicotinate) 82.38mg
Vitamin C Complex
- Vitamin C (MagnesiumAscorbate) 120mg
- Mixed Citrus Bioflavonoids (25%) 100mg
- Quercetin Dihydrate (85% Quercetin) 65mg
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 25mcg/1000 IU
Vitamin E Complex
- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 15mg/22 IU
- gamma-tocopherol 60mg
- delta-tocopherol 24mg
- Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 3mg
- gamma-tocotrienol 6mg
- delta-tocotrienol 1.3mg
Vitamin K2 (Menatetrenone (MK-4) 120mcg
Boron (Citrate) 700mcg
Calcium (Citrate-Malate) 65mg
Chromium (Picolinate) 100mcg
Copper (Citrate) 1.5mg
Iodine (Potassium Iodide) 150mcg
Magnesium (Citrate, Ascorbate) 75mg
Manganese (Bisglycinate) 2.3mg
Molybdenum (Na Molybdate) 45mcg
Selenium (Selenomethionine) 55mcg
Silicon (Na Metasilicate) 25mg
Vanadium (Citrate) 18mcg
Zinc (Citrate) 11mg
Non-medicinal Ingredients: microcrystalline cellulose, sucrose. Capsule; hypromellose and water
Adult Dosage: Take up to three capsules daily with meals, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
Persons taking anticoagulant (“blood thinning”) medications such as warfarin (Coumadin®) must not take this supplement. Consult your physician if taking any prescription drugs, as phytonutrients in this supplement may affect their metabolism or bioavailability.
Domestic orders within Canada over $150 are eligible for FREE shipping! For all other orders an easy, flat rate, shipping fee of $9.99 will apply during checkout.
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.