Breathing easily is something that most people take for granted. We usually inhale and exhale without even thinking about it, but the moment you can’t get enough air, like during an asthma attack, it becomes very clear just how importing breathing is. So, why do we need to breathe?
We use energy in order to do literally everything: sit, stand, think, blink… everything! Energy doesn’t just come directly from food, it needs to be converted in the body to a usable format, called ATP. The process by which we convert food to energy is called cellular respiration, and it requires oxygen from the air we breathe. There are two by-products of making ATP: water, which we use in the body, and carbon dioxide, which we exhale through the lungs. Without this exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide in the lungs, we couldn’t convert food to energy.
We are constantly breathing in pollution, viruses and toxins, so the body has a natural defense system to help clean and repair the lungs and fight potential infections. The lungs are lined with mucous that traps foreign particles. We have cilia (tiny finger-like projections) that move mucous upward so that we can expel it from the body. Think of it like a mucous escalator that’s constantly working to keep the lungs clean.
We also have antioxidants and detoxifying mediators in the lungs to prevent and heal damage caused by inhaling pollution and toxins, and special immune cells in the lungs to prevent us from getting sick.
When we have high exposures to toxins, smoke, or other particles, the lungs’ natural defense systems have difficulty keeping up, and it impacts our ability to exchange oxygen and carbon dioxide. Reduced lung function makes us feel tired because our body can’t make enough energy1. We also may have symptoms of coughing, frequent lung infections, asthma attacks, or excessive mucous production1. Lung function is significantly reduced in conditions like COPD, asthma, and in smokers1.
LUNG-FX is beneficial for people who have chronic lung disease, asthma, and in smokers. LUNG-FX works by supporting the lungs’ natural defense systems. It contains expectorant herbs to help you break down and expel mucous. It promotes detoxification to protect the lungs from damage caused by pollutants and toxins. It contains anti-inflammatories and antioxidants to heal and soothe damaged lung tissue. LUNG-FX provides targeted support to improve lung function and help you breathe more easily.
- Antioxidant that reduces inflammation and works to heal and protect the lungs from damage2.
- Increases the body’s production of glutathione, which is the lungs’ most powerful detoxifier2.
- Mucolytic, meaning it helps thin mucous to make it easier to expel3.
Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) 10:1 Extract
- Mucous expectorant, helping to clear mucous from the lungs4.
- Improves lung function measures by 10% in asthmatics4.
Hyssop Herb Tops (Hyssopus officinalis) 10:1 Extract
- Mucous expectorant, helping to clear mucous from the lungs5.
- Antioxidant that reduces inflammation and improves airway functioning in asthmatics6.
Mullein Leaf (Verbascum Thapsus) 20:1 Extract
- Soothing for coughs and hydrating for the lungs7.
- Mucous expectorant, helping clear mucous from the lungs7.
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale – Rhizome) 4:1 Extract
- Opens up the airways, significantly relaxing spasms to improve asthma and tightness in the chest caused by chronic lung disease8.
- Reduces inflammation in the lungs8.
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum – fruiting body) 20:1 Extract
- Supports the immune system to prevent infection, and improve overall symptom management of chronic lung disease, COPD, and asthma9,10.
- Reduces inflammation and provides antioxidants to protect the lungs from damage9.
Each Capsule Contains
Fenugreek Seed (Trigonella foenum-graecum) 10:1 Extract(QCE 1.5g) 150mg
Hyssop Herb Tops (Hyssopus officinalis) 10:1 Extract(QCE 1g) 100mg
Mullein Leaf (Verbascum thapsus) 20:1 Extract(QCE 2g) 100mg
Ginger (Zingiber Officinale – Rhizome) 4:1 Extract(QCE 400mg) 100mg
Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum – fruiting body) 20:1 Extract(QCE 1g) 50mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, maltodextrin.
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Adults: Take 3 capsules with water and morning meal to avoid digestive upset.
Domestic orders within Canada over $150 are eligible for FREE shipping! For all other orders an easy, flat rate, shipping fee of $9.99 will apply during checkout.
Please note, we do not ship to PO Boxes. Any orders with a PO Box shipping address are subject to cancellation.
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.