Healthology Liv-Great 60 Capsules
The liver is our most important detoxifying organ. It is masterful at identifying toxins and neutralizing them so that they can be safely excreted from the body. Toxins include chemicals, food additives, alcohol, caffeine and medications. The liver is also responsible for detoxing our hormones and end-products of metabolism. It also stores glucose for energy production and produces bile to help us break down and digest fatty foods.
There are two phases of liver detoxification, and each requires vitamins, proteins and minerals to work effectively. In Phase 1, enzymes called Cytochromes add an oxygen molecule to the toxin, which prepares it to enter Phase 21. This is called oxidation, and it actually makes the toxin MORE harmful to the body. It’s a “take one step back to take two steps forward” type of process. In Phase 2, we deactivate the toxin through a process called conjugation1. This neutralizes the toxin so that it can be excreted safely by the colon or bladder.
In some people, one phase or both phases of liver detoxification are sluggish. This is especially damaging when Phase 1 is working more quickly than Phase 2 because we get a build-up of oxidized toxins that are harmful to the body. Sluggish liver detoxification can be caused by genetic deficiencies, nutrients missing from the diet, or a high toxic burden from alcohol, medication use, or exposures to toxins in the environment1.
Most of us are bombarded with more toxins than we realize. Think about how many toxins your liver deals with solely from your morning routine: you wake up, have a shower and put soap, shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash and moisturizer on your body. Each one of these products absorbs through the skin and has to be detoxed. Then you drink a coffee (caffeine) and have a bowl of cereal (food additives), adding even more work to the liver’s busy morning. Your liver is already overwhelmed before you have even left the house!
When the liver isn’t able to keep up with our detox demands, we may experience fatigue, headaches, poor memory, acne, hormonal imbalances, nausea and/or abdominal pain caused by a build-up of toxins in the body2. Prolonged strain on the liver can lead to liver damage, which reduces liver function and perpetuates the cycle of toxicity in the body.
LIV-GREAT provides the liver with daily support by boosting its detox capacity and helping to protect it from damage. It contains nutrients and herbs to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of liver detoxification, and it promotes the production of bile to improve the elimination of toxins. It also contains powerful antioxidants to protect and heal the liver from damage.
Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum) 20:1 Extract 50% Silymarin
- Protects the liver from damage by preventing toxins from binding to liver tissue3.
- Boosts Phase 1 detoxification, resulting in improved liver markers on lab testing3.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation3.
- Increases levels of glutathione in the liver, which is one of the most important factors in Phase 2 detoxification4.
- Significantly improves the function of liver resulting in improved liver enzyme parameters on lab testing4.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation5.
DL-Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Enhances liver function through boosting Phase 2 detoxification6.
- Antioxidant that heals and protects the liver from damage caused by oxidation6.
- DL is an easily absorbed and biologically active form of the nutrient.
Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum) 4:1 Extract
- Source of sulphur required for Phase 2 detoxification.
- Reduces fat accumulation in liver cells to support a healthy structure of the liver, thereby improving liver function7.
- Improves cholesterol and helps to balance blood sugar levels8.
Artichoke Leaf (Cynara scolymus) 4:1 Extract
- Protects liver cells from damage through its antioxidant activity9.
- Improves liver function by boosting liver enzyme activity and improving detoxification pathways9.
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 4:1 Extract
- Increases the flow of bile from the liver, which promotes the elimination of toxins and lowers cholesterol10.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage10,11.
- Supports Phase 2 detoxification by increasing the activity of our most important detoxifier, glutathione12.
Curcumin (Curcuma longa – rhizome)
- Boosts Phase 2 detoxification through increasing liver enzyme function and glutathione activity13.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to heal the liver and protect it from damage14.
Phyllanthus amarus – whole plant, 8:1 Extract
- Assists with proliferation of liver cells, helping it to heal from damage15.
- Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant activity that heals and protect the liver from damage16.
Each Capsule Contains
Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum) 20:1 Extract - 50% Silymarin(QCE 4g) 200mg
DL-Alpha Lipoic Acid100mg
Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum) 4:1 Extract(QCE 200mg) 50mg
Artichoke Leaf (Cynara scolymus) 4:1 Extract(QCE 200mg) 50mg
Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 4:1 Extract(QCE 200mg) 50mg
Curcumin (Curcuma longa - rhizome)100mg
Phyllanthus amarus - whole plant, 8:1 Extract(QCE 600 mg) 75mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, dicalcium phosphate
Priority Allergens: None
Healthology does not use genetically modified ingredients. All ingredients are NON-GMO / GMO FREE.
Recommended Dose: Adults: Take 1 capsule with water in the morning with a meal and 1 capsule with water in the evening with a meal.
Duration Of Use: As a liver protectant and for liver function: Use for at least 3 weeks to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.