Organic Oil of Oregano
Oil of Oregano is a potent herbal antimicrobial that effectively tackles bacterial, yeast, fungal, and
parasitic infections. It offers powerful antioxidant protection and immune system support, and helps
relieve various respiratory conditions. Natural Factors Organic Oil of Oregano is derived from wild-crafted Origanum vulgareusing gentle steam distillation to ensure purity.
- Hand harvested and wild crafted
- Certified organic Origanum vulgare
- Uses the whole herb to maximize the synergistic effects
- Gently steam-distilled for maximum purity and potency
- Carvacrol guaranteed at an optimal concentration of 80%
- Blended in a 1:4 ratio with organic cold-pressed, extra-virgin olive oil, for improved absorption
Lab studies have proven oil of oregano’s capacity to inhibit the growth of, and kill, harmful pathogens. It has the ability to penetrate cell membranes and disrupt their integrity. The increased permeability, or “leaky” quality of the bacterial cell wall causes fluid to seep out, leading to cellular death. This ability to damage bacteria is common to the whole plant, as well as its active constituents, carvacrol and thymol. Oil of oregano also lowers the pH inside the bacteria, creating acidic conditions that inhibit metabolism and reproduction. Oil of oregano also works by boosting levels of white blood cells that fight off infection, such as cytotoxic and helper T-cells.
The anti-inflammatory effects of oil of oregano are due to rosmarinic acid, an active constituent that decreases the number of neutrophils (white blood cells that rush to a site and cause an inflammatory reaction) and eosinophils (white blood cells that produce harmful oxidative substances such as free radicals).
Each 4 drops (0.16 mL) Contains:
Organic Oil of Oregano*
(Origanum vulgare) (aerial) 30 mg
(minimum 80% carvacrol) 24 mg
Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol)1 mg AT (1.49 IU)
Organic cold pressed extra virgin olive oil.
* Derived from wild-crafted Mediterranean oregano. The oil is extracted from the hand-picked leaves using steam distillation, ensuring that the oil is chemical-free.