Helps to support a healthy immune system.
Vitamin C is a water-soluble antioxidant and one of the best researched nutrients. Most mammals can produce vitamin C as they need it but the human system evolved without this ability, therefore we must ensure an adequate daily intake to stay healthy. Vitamin C is found in fruits and vegetables, but it is easily destroyed by heat, cooking, processing, and storage, and rapidly eliminated from our system in the urine. Inadequate levels of vitamin C may be seen in cases of physical and mental stress, older people and those with chronic conditions including cardiovascular disease, asthma, arthritis and age-related eye disease. Vitamin C is best known for strengthening the immune system by supporting and improving white blood cell function. It is also essential for the proper formation of collagen, the building block of many tissues and a crucial component in skin rejuvenation. Vitamin C also helps to reduce histamine release in the body, thereby alleviating allergy symptoms. There are numerous forms of vitamin C with ascorbic acid being the most basic. People wanting a clinically proven form that is easier on the system than ascorbic acid may choose a form like Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate.
- Ester-C® is a unique, patented form of calcium ascorbate, which is made when ascorbic acid (regular vitamin C) is buffered with calcium using a water-based process
- The calcium in Ester-C® provides part of your daily calcium requirements
- Ester-C® contains active vitamin C metabolites including L-threonate which enhance cellular absorption and retention
- Ester-C® is the only form of vitamin C that has been proven to last up to 24 hours in the white blood cells of the immune system
- Less acidic and easier on the stomach than ascorbic acid
- Enhanced with quercetin, a bioflavonoid and powerful antioxidant with anti-inflammatory and anti-histamine properties
- Added bioflavonoids from berry fruits for superior vitamin C absorption
- Arabinogalactan is a type of polysaccharide that offers additional immune support during stressful times and the cold and flu season
- Ester-C® has a clinically proven higher bioavailability and retention rate than other forms of vitamin C
- Formulated with citrus-free ingredients for people wishing to avoid citrus
Each capsule contains
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)from Ester-C® brand calcium ascorbate600 mg
Calcium (calcium ascorbate)72 mg
Arabinogalactan(Larix occidentalis/Larix laricina) (bark/stem)100 mg
Quercetin (fruit)50 mg
Multianthocyanidins (berry/fruit*)*black currant (Ribes nigrum), cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon), blueberry (Vaccinium corymbosum), bilberry (Vaccinium myrtillus)50 mg
- magnesium stearate (vegetable)
- Take 1–2 capsules daily or as directed by a health care practitioner
- Dairy, wheat, gluten, or soy
Domestic orders within Canada over $150 are eligible for FREE shipping! For all other orders an easy, flat rate, shipping fee of $9.99 will apply during checkout.
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.