Both calcium and magnesium are critical for strong bones, however; the average person's intake of these minerals is unbalanced. The ratio of calcium consumption far outweighs that of magnesium consumption, which affects their subsequent absorption and utilisation and sets the stage for weak bones and over-calcification of the body.
You should not try to fulfil your daily calcium requirements with a supplement. Your diet will already provide you with a portion of the RDA, (based on dietary calcium), and you should rely on a high quality supplement to provide the remainder. This encourages a more beneficial ratio of calcium to magnesium consumption.
The liquid form of Salus Calcium Magnesium (Saludynam®) guarantees a high solubility of the minerals contained.
Liquid vs. Solid
The average person's body will only dissolve 20% of most solid supplements and will eliminate the remaining 80% possibly causing constipation, gas and bloating. A liquid solution does not need to be dissolved, so approximately 98% of the elemental amount will be available for absorption.
Rates of Absorption
Calcium in supplements occurs in a compound form. The component that calcium is bound to is called the compound or "form" of calcium and the calcium itself is called "elemental".
Dietary calcium is absorbed at an average rate of 10-30% and most calcium supplements are absorbed at rates anywhere between 4% and 45% depending on the forms of calcium used.
Salus Calcium Magnesium provides the highest rate of absorption possible with a combination of calcium lactate and gluconate, which boost absorption rates of 45% and 50% respectively.
Calcium Compounds – Of the four top selling calcium compounds on the market:
- Calcium Carbonate is inorganic, insoluble in liquid, requires stomach acid and vitamin D for absorption and its absorption rate plateaus after approximately 500mg.
- Calcium Citrate is organic and soluble but when taken in large enough quantities in liquid to have a positive impact on your health, its taste is very bitter. However, it is a good choice for use in a solid supplement.
- Calcium Lactate and Gluconate are organic, have a pleasant taste and are both highly soluble in liquid form. Most importantly, they do not rely only on "active transport" sites, located at the beginning of the small intestine, for absorption. These sites are vitamin D dependent and are limited as to the amount of calcium that they can take in. Only a soluble calcium compound, such as calcium lactate or gluconate, can also take advantage of the independent "passive diffusion" sites in the more alkaline environment at the end of the small intestine. These sites allow absorption regardless of stomach acid levels, age, gender, nutrition or hormone status and are limited only by intestinal transit time. Highly soluble throughout the entire digestive tract, these are extremely bioavailable forms of calcium.
Co-Factors for proper utilisation
- Magnesium is a key factor for bone strength. Sufficient amounts are required to ensure proper calcium utilisation, thereby preventing calcium deposits in soft tissue. Salus Calcium Magnesium uses a higher ratio of magnesium to help properly utilise both supplemented and dietary calcium and to address the increasing problem of over-calcification of the body.
- Vitamin D has been added to facilitate the adequate absorption of calcium (including dietary sources) at the vitamin D dependant, active transport sites.
- Zinc has been added to assist bone matrix synthesis.
So Salus Calcium Magnesium (Saludynam®) is a smart choice
for any adult concerned with improving or maintaining their bone health. Specially formulated to be effective in all areas of calcium absorption and utilisation, Salus Calcium Magnesium (Saludynam®) safely and effectively maintains bone health over a lifetime.
What sets Salus Calcium Magnesium (Saludynam®) apart?
- Higher Magnesium to Calcium Ratio: Facilitates bone strength and proper calcium utilisation to help prevent calcium deposits in soft tissue
- Useable Calcium Dosage: Satisfies daily supplemental calcium needs and is safe for long-term supplementation
- Highly Soluble Calcium Compounds: Bound to organic acids that can be readily absorbed regardless of age, nutrition or hormone status
- Easy-to-Digest Liquid Solution: Allows for more contact with absorption sites & does not require dissolving, leaving approximately 98% of the elemental calcium available for absorption
- Added Zinc and Vitamin D: Essential co-factors in the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.
Domestic orders within Canada over $99 are eligible for FREE shipping!