Vegetarian DHA – Get your Omega-3 where the fish get it from!
Omega-3 might be called ‘fish oil,’ but did you know that it doesn’t actually come from fish? It’s true! The fish get it from eating algae, so we’re going straight to the source with this product. By sourcing our Omega-3 from algae, you don’t have to worry about sustainability, toxicity, or heavy metals.
DHA is well-know and well-studied with regards to not only general health, but also reducing serum triglycerides. Low triglyceride levels are important because a person's risk for Coronary Heart Disease is increased whenever triglyceride levels are high. DHA also supports the proper functioning of brains, and is needed for normal physical development of the brain, eyes and nerves, primarily in children under two years of age.
DHA is one of the most important long-chain fatty acids in the omega-3 family: 97% of the fatty acids found in the brain and 93% of the fatty acids found in the retina are in the form of DHA. The body can convert DHA to EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), an omega-3 fatty acid that is a precursor to the production of prostaglandins which help promote good health.
- Source of DHA (Omega-3 fatty acid) for the maintenance of good health.
- Reduces serum triglycerides.
- When used during pregnancy and breastfeeding, DHA supports healthy neural and vision development of an infant.
- Helps support cognitive health by improving memory and learning functions in an aging population.
- A vegetarian, sustainable alternative to fish oils
- No fishy burps or repeating
- Source of Omega-3 fatty acids
- One serving provides 250 mg DHA
- 250 mg of DHA is 83% of the Daily Value for pregnant/nursing women as recommended by ISSFAL (International Society for the Study of Fats and Lipids)
- Free of additives and preservatives
- Vegetarian softgel capsule, exclusive to Flora
- Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
- Packaged in environmentally friendly amber glass bottles
Domestic orders within Canada over $150 are eligible for FREE shipping! For all other orders an easy, flat rate, shipping fee of $9.99 will apply during checkout.
We offer international shipping anywhere in the world. Shipping will be calculated based on shipment weight and size. We do not charge any additional fees for handling or packaging material.